Diet programme for PCOS
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age.It is one of the most complex female health issues of our time .Most women with PCOS have many small cysts on ovaries. Hence the name, polycystic ovary syndrome.
The cause of PCOS is not fully understood, but genetics may be a fact...or. PCOS seems to run in families, so your chance of having it is higher if other women in your family have it or have irregular periods or diabetes Infertility is one of the most common PCOS symptoms. Because the symptoms of PCOS are seemingly unrelated to one another, the condition is often overlooked and undiagnosed.
Early diagnosis and treatment can help control the symptoms and prevent long-term problems.
If it isn't treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes (as insulin resistance ia a major issue) and heart disease.
You can experience only a few symptoms or a lot of them. The most common symptoms are:
• Acne on face and back .
• Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight.
• Hirsutism i.e extra hair on the face and body.
• Thinning hair on the scalp.
• Irregular periods. Some women have no periods. Others have very heavy bleeding.prolonged periods
• Fertility problems. Many women who have PCOS have trouble getting pregnant (infertility).
• Recurrent miscarriage
Treatment of PCOS is done with simple lifestyle changes, weight loss, few ayurvedic medicines